America has something to offer every type of traveller, from the vibrant metropolises of New York and Mexico City to the breath-taking natural wonders of the Galapagos Islands and the Amazon Rainforest. It might be difficult to select where to go with so many amazing places to see.
We’ve created a list of the top tourist destinations in America based on their distinctive cultural, historical, and environmental value as a result. This blog will provide you all the ideas you need to create your ideal trip to the American continent, whether you’re organising a family holiday, a solitary excursion, or a romantic break. So take a seat back, unwind, and let us take you to some of the most popular tourist spots in America.
San Francisco, California, USA
With good cause, San Francisco is one of the most recognisable and adored cities in the United States. San Francisco has something for everyone with its lovely Victorian architecture, vibrant neighbourhoods, and food from around the world. It has a special combination of beautiful architecture, cultural variety, and scenic beauty. This city will capture and inspire you whether you’re a history geek, a foodie, or an outdoor enthusiast. Here are some places you should add to your itinerary if you’re planning to visit:
- The Golden Gate Bridge: The Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most recognisable structures in the entire world. Visitors can traverse the bridge on foot or by bicycle and take in breath-taking views of the San Francisco Bay.
- Fisherman’s Wharf: This thriving waterfront neighbourhood is home to a large number of seafood eateries, gift shops, and attractions like the well-known Pier 39 sea lions.
- Alcatraz Island: This old federal prison, which located in the centre of San Francisco Bay, is now a national park with tours and exhibits on the jail’s past and its notorious inmates.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Argentina’s heart and soul are perfectly captured in the metropolis of Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires is a must-visit location for any traveller to South America because of its vast boulevards, varied neighbourhoods, and rich cultural legacy. Buenos Aires is a city that is certain to leave a lasting impression, whether you’re touring the historic Plaza de Mayo, dancing the tango in a neighbourhood milonga, or enjoying the city’s renowned steak and wine. Here’s where we’d visit during our next trip:
- La Boca: The famed Caminito street, which is dotted with vibrant homes, tango dancers, and street vendors selling local products, is located in this vibrant neighbourhood.
- Recoleta Cemetery: Many well-known Argentines, including Eva Peron, are buried in the storied Recoleta Cemetery. The cemetery has ornate statues and mausoleums.
- Teatro Colon: The beautiful Teatro Colon, regarded as one of the top opera houses in the world, presents shows and tours all year round.
Although tourists frequently choose other South American locations over Montevideo, it is a lively and dynamic city that is well worth a visit. Montevideo has much to offer everyone with its relaxed environment, gorgeous beaches, and lively cultural scene. Montevideo is a city that will leave you with priceless memories, whether you’re strolling through the picturesque Ciudad Vieja historic neighbourhood, unwinding on the shores of Pocitos Beach, or sharing a traditional asado (barbecue) with the locals. Here’s where we recommending visiting during your stay:
- Citadel Old: There are numerous colonial structures, museums, and street performers in this historic neighbourhood. Additionally, visitors can take a stroll along the Rambla, a beautiful coastal avenue.
- Mercado del Puerto: Popular among foodies, this indoor market offers a large selection of typical Uruguayan delicacies like grilled meats and shellfish.
- Estadio Centenario: The first World Cup was held at the storied football stadium known as Estadio Centenario, which was erected in 1930. The stadium has tours available where guests can learn about its past.
With its breathtakingly gorgeous mountain ranges, pure wilderness areas, and crystalline lakes, Banff is a nature lover’s delight. With a variety of outdoor activities to suit every interest, the town of Banff itself offers a singular fusion of scenic beauty with a quaint small-town feel. Banff is a place that promises adventure and natural wonders at every turn, whether you’re hiking to the summit of Sulphur Mountain for panoramic views, paddling on the turquoise waters of Lake Louise, or skiing down the slopes of Mount Norquay. This is exactly where we’d be heading:
- National Park of Banff: Numerous hiking, camping, and wildlife viewing options are available in this breath-taking national park. Glaciers, thermal springs, and beautiful drives are all available to visitors.
- Lake Louise: One of the locations in Canada that receives the most photos is Lake Louise, a famous turquoise lake. Visitors can go hiking, canoeing, or just enjoy the incredible scenery.
- Banff Gondola: The picturesque Banff Gondola provides access to hiking trails, a summit café, and panoramic views of the town and its surroundings.
Seattle, Washington, USA
Seattle is a terrific tourist destination because it skilfully combines urban sophistication and natural beauty. Seattle has a lot to offer travellers seeking a taste of city life with its famous Space Needle, busy waterfront, and flourishing arts and music scene. At the same time, outdoor pursuits like hiking, kayaking, and whale watching are never far away due to the city’s closeness to the Olympic Mountains and the Puget Sound. These are the places we’d have on our itinerary:
- Pike Place Market: Pike Place Market is a well-known marketplace with a broad selection of fresh foods, seafood, crafts, as well as musicians and street entertainers.
- Spade Needle: well-known monument, the Space Needle, provides unforgettable views of the city and the mountains in the distance. In the rotating restaurant, guests can also eat.
- Chihuly Garden and Glass: The Chihuly Garden and Glass, a breathtaking display of glass artwork made by renowned artist Dale Chihuly, is situated at the foot of the Space Needle. The exhibition features both indoor and outdoor displays, as well as a glasshouse filled with an exquisite collection of Chihuly’s distinctive blown-glass works.
In conclusion, America is a sizable continent with a huge array of places to visit. There is something for every kind of traveller, from the mesmerising natural beauty of Banff to the dynamic cities of Buenos Aires and San Francisco. If you’re considering a trip to America, be sure to look into these popular spots and the tourist attractions we’ve recommended.
To find your perfect trip to America (at trade price!), start your search here.
Why book with Ultimate Travel Club?
As an Ultimate Travel Club member, you will:
- Make unlimited bookings and enjoy access to travel at trade prices for a whole year
- Save up to 40% at over 1 million hotels worldwide from all the major brands
- Book flights and hotels together and enjoy ATOL and ABTA protection
- Enjoy savings on car hire, attractions, airport parking and more.
- Lowest price promise guarantee – so we will refund the difference.
- Save 20% off gold cover travel insurance
- Easily save your subscription cost with one trip
- PLUS – you’ll save up to 25% (or two for one deals) on dining out at thousands of UK restaurants, 30% off cinema tickets and 50% off days out.
Save as much as 40% on your hotel stay with Ultimate Travel Club by becoming a member for less than 28p a day! Click here to sign up now.